Safety and Health
From Human Resources
|Safety and Health Policies|
This chapter defines the medical and physical requirements for both applicants and current employees. The department will not compromise safety and has established medical and physical requirements and processes to ensure applicants and employees work safely.
- As a condition of employment, all applicants, excluding emergency workers must pass the required medical examination(s) established for the position.
- Applicants rehired into physically demanding positions are not required to have an updated examination if break in service is less than 60 calendar days.
- Applicants rehired into non-physically demanding positions are not required to have an updated examination unless break in service is greater than one year.
- Employees who transfer to a position with a higher level of physical requirements may be required to take and pass an examination for that position.
- Employees with a condition/illness/injury that may make them unable to perform their essential work tasks and/or endangers their safety or the safety of others in the workplace may be recommended for a Fit for Duty Review as described in policy.